Shirley and Dale Espel Memorial Scholarship Program
The Shirley and Dale Espel Memorial Scholarship is sponsored by The Princeton Closet. This scholarship will be presented annually to at least three worthy high school graduating seniors that reside in Bureau County with consideration given to the following criteria listed below.
The award is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of at least $1000. Upon confirmation of college enrollment sent to The Princeton Closet, the scholarship monies will be sent directly to the junior college, college, or university the recipient will attend. The selection committee will consist of appointed members from Bureau County.
In an effort to continue our mission to give back to the community; we strongly suggest our scholarship recipients volunteer at The Closet at least 10 hours the summer of 2022. We are a mission based organization giving away millions since our beginning over 50 years ago. Please keep this in mind while sharing your faith story.
Student application criteria include:
- The intent to complete a two or four year degree; please list your area of study.
- Enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- The applicant must reside in Bureau County and be a student at Bureau Valley, Hall, St. Bede, Ohio, DePue, LaMoille or Princeton High School for at least one academic year immediately prior to graduation.
- Award criteria will be: demonstrated Christian service, leadership, community service, academic achievement, extracurricular activities and personal faith story.
- The application must be mailed to: The Princeton Closet, Scholarship Committee, In Care of The Closet, 2026 N. Main St, Princeton, IL 61356 or filed electronically by going to our website theprincetoncloset.com Either/or must be received by April 1, 2022.
Please upload the following information and complete the online form
- Your personal faith story along with your Christian service
- Extracurricular activities, organizations and volunteerism
- Offices and positions of leadership in your school and community
- Honors and awards
- College you plan to attend
- Cumulative grade point average at the end of the 7th semester
- Class rank
- School transcript
- Two letters of reference from people who know you well. Please do not use relatives.
You will receive an e-mail when we receive your application. If you don’t hear from us in a day or two, please contact us.