Shirley and Dale Espel Memorial Scholarship Program
The Shirley and Dale Espel Memorial Scholarship program is sponsored by The Princeton Closet.This program will be presented annually to worthy high school graduating seniors that reside in Bureau County with consideration given to the following criteria listed below.
The award is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship in the amount of $1000.Upon confirmation of college enrollment sent to The Princeton Closet, the scholarship monies will be sent directly to the junior college, college, or university the recipient will attend.The selection committee will consist of appointed members of The Princeton Closet.
Student application criteria include:
- The intent to complete a two or four year degree; please list your area of study.
- Enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- The applicant must reside in Bureau County and be a student at Bureau Valley, Hall, St. Bede,Ohio, DePue, LaMoille or Princeton High School for at least one academic year immediately prior to graduation.
- Award criteria will be:demonstrated Christian service, leadership, community service, academic achievement, extracurricular activities and personal faith story.
- The application must be submitted online or mailed to The Princeton Closet % Scholarship Committee, 2026 N. Main St, Princeton, IL61356.It must be received by April 1.
Please upload the following information and complete the online form
- Your personal faith story; a paragraph is sufficient
- Extracurricular activities, organizations AND Christian service
- Offices and positions of leadership
- Honors, awards and recognitions
- Examples of community leadership, involvement and volunteerism
- College you plan to attend
- Cumulative grade point average at the end of the 7th semester
- Class rank
- School transcript (Scan or mail, if mailed separately please inform us it is being mailed. Must be received by application deadline.)
- Please attach or mail two letters of reference from people who know your character well.Please do not use relatives.
You will receive an e-mail when we receive your application. If you don’t hear from us in a day or two, please contact us.